View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Results

You chose a very awkward time to make your raise. Why do you make this raise here? Are you raising for value or bluffing the flush that you fear he turned? I dont necessarily dislike the play here, but I would like to know a little more reasoning.

Also past tells would be nice to have on the player. It seems the way you've been analizing his play, "My opponent in this hand has been raising almost every hand and following up with bets on every street that he's checked to. He tends to cold call bets into him." generally means you aren't able to pick up much of a read on the Villain.

If you know the villain will get away from KJ, T8, or even a set here(all valid givin no read except he plays a lot of hands,) then your play here is a lot more understandable, assuming the Villain is having as difficult a time reading you.

Obviously the hand worked out in your favor, but i think in the long run, putting 1/2 your stack and on a pot-sized check-raise on a prayer against a player who you can't read isn't always the most profitable play.

Also, if/when he pushes your check-raise, with 1/2 of your stack invested are you able to get away from your hand potentially drawing dead?