Thread: Blind defense
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Blind defense

Hi all,

I have been thinking about some typical blind defense situations lately. I still don't play very well in the blinds at least when I look at my results. Suppose you have KJs or AJo or something like that in the BB. The button or CO open raises and it's HU. At these forums most players will 3-bet and bet the flop. The problem I sometimes have with this, is that people will regain initiative by raising the flop and when they bet the turn again it's hard to call when you have nothing. So what about calling preflop? Then you can check-raise a lot of flops because you can represent more hands. Also when you hit, it will be harder to put you on a hand because I will also call with hands like T8s or 98o. So you will have the initiative after the flop and when they raise you on the turn you can safely fold. The problem with that is that when you check-raise a 963r flop and the turn is a jack, queen, king or ace, you will get raised very often on the turn and have to let go.

Both plays have advantages and disadvantages so why do you think one play is better than the other? Or doesn't it matter and is it just a matter of style?

Thanks,

Guido