View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: I took Josh\'s Preflop Challenge for 1000 hands

Certainly, I'd like to post some, but I've just found out how to get my PokerRoom HH into PT (I needed the new version of PT, I just had the old one).

Anyway:

Small suited Broadways - this is a fairly common raise for me in LP with only 1 or 2 limpers that play poorly, but I did it regardless of the action or the limpers yesterday.

Small pps - I don't raise these LP, almost ever. There were a couple of times when I flopped my set on a really ragged non-broadway board and really cashed in because of the deception involved in the PF raise.

Mid pairs EP - mostly 77,88 as I frequently with raise 99 in a loose game. I was amazed at how frequently it was simply folded around at that point.

Suited connectors - 67s, 78s, 89s, 9Ts - the one thing I really liked about this was that I was often offered a free card on the flop if I felt like it.

Suited Aces and K9s

I'm going to download my HH when I get home, and see what my stats were, but I want to say I was real close to about 18/15. For some reason, the spirit of this challenge had me loosen up as well....