View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Raising question, first live no limit game

I hear so often about people doing something at a table and then "getting grief" for it. Tell them to STFU and play poker. And you, stop thinking that their comments somehow validate/invalidate your play. People at live NL games are about 10 IQ points away from being legally retarded. You got grief because people were worried the button was bluffing and got away with it, and they don't want to end up getting bluffed themselves later on.

Best thing to do here is (a) ignore them for the morons that they are, (b) somehow try to lighten the mood a bit, because you want to keep these morons at your table, and (c) play it off as though you were bluffing on the flop yourself. I would do all of the above in this situation - I'd say something like "Whatever guys, I got caught bluffing and when he raised me I almost went all-in but I kinda thought he might have flopped quads."

For one thing, you look extremely loose. For another, no one believes you, because who the heck assumes someone flops quads? Hopefully they laugh at you then, instead of berating your play. Lastly, you then wait as long as it takes to flop a set or two pair or something, and play it the exact same way. Let one of these clowns reraise you, thinking that you're bluffing. Then do exactly what you said you'd do before - reraise him all-in. And take all his money because he is so concerned about losing all his money to a bluff.