View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Inspiron 9300 questions??

The Dell 9300 can be ordered with WUXGA graphics (1920x1200). THis allows for 4 tabling without overlap with some additional screen available on the side. ALternatively you cna now 6 table without too much overlap.

Get the screen upgrade or get a different laptop.

Get as much memory as you cna afford. 512 is a low minimum. I have 1GB. THis is standard laptop RAM, it thus can be added later and from a source other than Dell. With the 35% coupon I had though it was just as cheap to just get it from Dell.

I got the 7200 RPM HD for some extra speed. But the 40 GB base option is fine. If it's $20 more for 60GB I'd go for it.

Get the fastest processor you can afford too. THere is a price curve to look at. The upgrade to 1.7 GHz is not bad, to 1.8 a little more painful. I got a 1.8 chip. Felt it was too much of a premium price for 2 GHz.

Get wireless G for sure.

All else is extra in my opinion - get if you like: DVD writer, carrying case, etc, etc. I loaded mine up with all kinds of nifty stuff, but for poker you really need the following for sure:

- higher res
- decent processor
- lots of RAM (WinXP requirement really)

I also got the GForce graphics card since I have a 24 inch LCD capable of 1920x1200 too.