View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Tough hand, street by street (w/reads)

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think you need the question marks here...

also, in 140 hands it wouldnt at all unlikely for him not to have had a premium hand and the opportunity to cap with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your saying it's too easy. Assume for a moment that there were no image considerations and you were going to get up and leave after this hand. Put him on a range of hands for capping. How does this range compare with KQo. IF you give him AA-99, AJs, AQo, KQs (which I think is very generous) you have 30% equity out of position against a solid postflop player. I still call but I want people to think about how his cap narrows his hand range to the point where before the 3-bet you were a favorite and after you are probably at least a bit of a dog.

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 69.3468 % [ 00.67 00.02 ] { AA-99, AKs-AJs, KQs, AKo-AQo }
Hand 2: 30.6532 % [ 00.29 00.02 ] { KQo }

On with the hand.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ??

I'm looking for a line, not a simple bet or check. Check with the intention of what, at what point will you fold (if any).

Krishan