View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Current Minor League Baseball Stats?

[ QUOTE ]
what's the trade?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 12 team, AL only, $265 auction league with 24 man active rosters and 10 man reserve rosters. Allowed 15 keepers (minor leaguers don't count against the $265). Contracts for major leaguers start at -2 and go to -1 and then must be extended ($0 to option out for 1 more year, $5 for each year past the first). Minor league contracts don't become -2's unless they are called up to the bigs before September roster expansions. After the 0 year a player can not be signed again.

The deal offered is: $26 -2 Edgar Renteria and $16 +1 Mark Buerhle for $5 Felix Hernandez, $2 Ervin Santana, $5 Hanley Ramirez, and $7 -2 Houston Street. I don't need Buerhle (I'm in first already in Wins, K's, and WHIP--Johan Santana rocks) and Renteria doesn't help my offense as much as I'd need (I'm in second overall and I need HR's, Runs Scored (R+RBI-HR's), and Extra Base Number (BB+2*2B+3*3B). F. Hernandez and E. Santana for the next 5 years seems more valuable than 1 3/4 seasons of Buerhle (when my pitching is already solid) and Renteria wouldn't be a keeper on my team at that price (he'd be my most expensive player).

I was looking at something like $28 -1 Javy Lopez and $26 -2 Edgar Renteria for $1 -2 Juan Cruz, $2 Nick Markakis, $2 Luis Soto, $8 -2 Jhonny Peralta and $5 -2 Rafael Soriano (or a reserve round draft pick next season).