View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Cold call on the button with 66

[ QUOTE ]
because 66 is a good hand. it can make a set, and if played well, can be played profitably for pair value too. I'm really surprised you'd fold it there. I actually think folding is giving up a lot in that spot

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok here is my thought. I agree that 66 is a good hand, I like it very much.

I will happily 3-bet it with position preflop against a large percentage of preflop raisers, with the hopes of getting it heads up. When I get it heads up, I hope that I still have the better hand unimproved on the flop. Obviously I am riding high if the flop improves me. I also hope that shania will aid me when the villain has a close decision between giving up and continuing when he is not sure whether to give up on the flop or not.

As for the OP's scenario:

5-1 is what i am looking for. 5-1 is my magic number here. If OP says SB is a slut and unusually loose, I say word up- it's time to phone a friend- cuzz i am calling. No reads on SB, well I just have to assume I am not getting proper set odds.

So my thinking is basically- I do not want to be putting my 66 up against most likely several overs without the the right set odds. To me this is the worst of both. Insufficient set odds, no small field possibiltiy, dodging potentially several overcard bullets. I sit this one out.

If I have some sh!tty logic here, call me out, cuzz I want to work out the kinks.