View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Did Sklansky say he Could have won a Nobel?

[ QUOTE ]
That is laughable. You dont have any idea what you are talking about. Have you beaten the stock market by 3-4% over the long term(>10 years)? I think you maybe read that somewhere, or one of your friends told it to you. If you are able to beat the stock market by 3-4% per year you would be a billionaire in no time(10 years I think). It is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT. Why would it be easy? Millions of very smart people are trying to do it 24 hrs a day. It can be done, but it is one of the most difficult things in the world to do over any meaningful period of time. I will repeat it. You do not have a clue what you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what i'm talking about, I am not old enough to have beat the market long term I'm only 30, I didn't make a bean through the dot-com boom because I never touched any computer or telecom stocks until 2001, I bought airline stocks and holiday companies in the middle of September 2001, its not hard you just do the opposite of what everyone else is doing.

Billionaire?, I meant 3-4% after the effects of compounding not before, you are right about that, you would need lots of luck. I think it would be tougher with $5 million as well, most of my stocks are smaller companies so I would need more holdings than I currently have, lessening my chances of outperforming. I don't need $5 million though if i could get £250,000 ($500,000) I would never need to work a stroke again for the rest of my life.

10 years isn't long term either. Oh and I almost forgot I haven't been nominated for the Nobel prize yet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Mack