View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: $55 - LEVEL 1 - AK - UTG ** Let\'s talk strategy

1. I limp UTG here more often than not. I call any raise up to 4 bbs unless there are extenuating circumstances eg I know the raiser is solid)
2. This flop is then an easy check/fold.
3. I bet pot here. If somebody else bets the pot before me and I dont fear too much action behind me I push. If I get called I assume flush draw until I get a reason to assume anything else.

Overall I think you're giving too much credit to the 55 players. I totally understand how this is possible because when I first made that jump I assumed it was a different game because of the stack sizes and the better players. I think the key is to stick to playing how you know how. There are minor adjustmetns that need to be made for sure but I think the more you play them the more you'll see things that just baffle you early in the game - horrible calls and such. The biggest difference seems to be the players left near the end seem to be better. But the beginning the game is really similar I think. Just be confident. You killed the 33s you can easily kill the 55s.