View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: $55 - LEVEL 1 - AK - UTG ** Let\'s talk strategy

My style is too simplistic, but it works for me at the 11s.

In level 1-3 I raise from t75 to t125 (more with more limpers), if I get reraised, I push. That almost always thins the field. On the flop I push. I don't care what happens on the flop, I just push. And my actions are pre-determined. I don't stop and think. It is an instant push.

PreFlop I am such a favorite I'll take my chances of being against AA or KK. Post flop I'm taking my chances against everything else. Even if I miss the flop, there is still about a 25% chance I'll spike a A or K.

When you are playing against me, you'll see a big initial raise from me. Then on the flop it is usually checked around to me and then you'll see a instant push. I don't think I have ever lost that hand. I have been called, usually by a AJ- on a Axx flop.

Think about it. Even if you are holding QQ, what are you going to do? Big open raise, instant push. Do you really want to put your whole tourney on the line and call this or just give up your t100 call. You gotta be thinking I've got AA or KK, and even if I don't you still face a 25% chance of me spiking it on the turn or river.

I am probably missing out on some more chips, but my strategy is to get to level 4-5 with at least 800 chips. All I need to do is pick up 100 - 200 chips in the first 3 levels. Then on to my speciality of blind stealing.

Here's to not seeing you at my tables. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Of course I'm just a rookie, I could be wrong.

--------------Jeff

called once by KK. Of course I spiked an Ace and apologized. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Had two callers once, scared me, turned up AJ & 99. Flop was AKx, turn was another A [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] $50 winner