Thread: Rangers +225
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Rangers +225

[ QUOTE ]
Are you claiming that their winning percentage in future games will be higher than it would have been if they'd started off the year winning most of their games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just saying that there is a good chance that the Yanks will be above .500 in the near future. They are a better than .500 team. Therefore, I can say that, in my opinion, they will have a high winning percentage over a small sample in the near future.
[ QUOTE ]

Do you think that there is a fixed percentage which they can be expected to win and that they will now play out of their minds to "catch up"?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I would say that the Yanks should win 55-60 of thier 1st games. I would take that bet at 6-5.

[ QUOTE ]

While I concede that games are not completely independent trials, your post seems a lot like saying, "Roulette is a game of averages. There have been eight blacks in a row, so there will be more reds than blacks in the future."

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point, but we are dealing with skilled players, not a call that has a 1 in 35 spot to stop on. But as we all say - "That is why they play the game."