View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (4/23)

Hello everyone. Tonights game was a bit passive and slow as a matter of fact I only sdaw a couple of people make moves all night. It played like our new 300-500 spread buy in No Limit game where people aare scared of losing their money. Like I said in my first post I will be making conclusional comments after each show I broadcast from now on. I really do appreciate the comments and suggestions that are made each night I look forward at the end of each show to reading through the entire "Live at the Bike" thread. It is funny Jive Dadson has been my biggest critic over the last few months but he actually sent a warm email to live@thebike explainiong his opinion on the commentating. In fact I have made more of an effort to do play by play and let others do color. Of course when i am doing it with Denny I have to take on a bit of both roles--LOL.

A couple of intersting hands.

Seat 5: Kh Ks
Seat 9: Ah 5c

Preflop action--Kings raise to 50 Seat 9 calls in postion.

Flop 8d4d7d.

JKings bet 60 seat 9 calls.

Turn 8s

Kings bets 60 Seat 9 raises 200 more Kings mucks.

Boy this is a tough one for Kings. Seat 9 was playing pretty crazy and by that time had not shown down tooo many ridiculous hands. I think if the guy had the king of diamonds he would have called. But for that price i think that the laydown was the right move.

Seat 1 8d 8h
Seat 6 Ah Qc

Preflop limpers=6.

FLOP 8c 6h Ac.

Seat 1 in blind bets out 20. People fold in between. Seat 6 raises to 40. Seat 1 reraises to 80 more Seat 6 goes all in. S1 wins with set.

I love the way this guy bet his set from early position. You can represent almost anything out of the blinds and in this case you are hoping some guy has an ace and will pay you off. I think the all in from AQ after the reraise was weak but it is not unusual for a hand like this to play out in this manner in a 200 game.

Seat 4 3c4h
Seat 7 (brian) Ks Qh
Seat 8 7s ts

Preflop After limping both S7 and S4 call S8's raise to 25 after limping. S7 closest to button.

Flop KcTc4c.

Checked around.

Turn KS

Seat 4 leads out for 25 S7 calls S8 calls.

River 2h

S4 checks, S7 bets 50, S8 mucks, S4 mucks.

I really think that Brian played this hand dangerously unless he thought that he was already beat on the turn. By not raising he only gained S8's overt call on the turn as both other players mucked the river. A club could have easily some on the last card giving S4 the best hand with his 3c.

Anybody have any comments about these hands