Thread: How Far?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 12:34 PM

Default Re: How Far?

Preflop: I prefer limping here. By raising you are going to end up in a 3 or 4-handed pot with a middle pair, which spells trouble. I would much rather limp and end up in a 5 or 6-handed pot, playing to spike a set. I would prefer raising if there was either 1 or 4-5 limpers before me.

Flop: Thank you for not slowplaying!

Turn: I would definitely raise, for a number of reasons. You are ahead most of the time in this situation, because if EP had a flush he would most likely checkraise. I'll bet he either has A2, A8 or the ace of diamonds. An additional benefit of raising is that you will force the button to call two-cold or fold if he has a big diamond. Lastly, EP may not reraise even if he has a flush, allowing you to check it through on the river if you don't fill, which costs the same as simply calling the turn and calling the river, and giving you one more bet if you fill up.

River: It looks like EP wasn't betting with the ace of diamonds on the turn (duh Homer). So, he was either betting with a made flush or two-pair, with A2 or A8. After you raise the river and EP reraises, he is almost surely full. I would definitely call the three-bet and go for the overcall from the button.

Sorry you lost to A2. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Why couldn't the river have been a 2!

-- Homer