View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:02 PM

Default What do to with people who play back at you all the time?

I have been making a killing at my homegame until recently, when a couple of people have started to play back at my flop raises a lot. I have to say, this gets me off of my game. In a normal game, i will bet 3/4 of the pot in situations when i am betting the flop (that is, if am the original raiser, or i hit top pair, or i am in position for a blush/semi-bluff). Normally, when someone plays back at me, and I only have top pair or it was a semi-bluff i will count up my odds, assuming the other person has a real good hand.

Problem in the last two sessions, i have been played back at so much, that I dont know what to do. Since the stack sizes are usually around 50 dollars, and the 3/4 of the pot bet is something like 4 dollars, and the play back at me is usually about 10 dollars total, it gets very expensive to try to figure out when they are bluffing me, or if my top pair, good kicker is still good. It also makes any attempt to use position to steal pots rather expensive and less sucessful. Should i change my game and the flop less? But then I would be going back to my tight play that i have gotten myself out of to become a profitable player over the last couple of months. Let me know your thoughts on what you would do in this situation.