View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Random shot at PP 15. Blind steal with a tag

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop you should fold. You don't want to take this hand up against this lineup.

[/ QUOTE ] Could you please eloborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking goes like this:

A6 is, as a default hand, too weak to play here. Does the information we have on the players left in the hand swing it to a play?

Well, the button being tight is helpful. We certainly want to win the blinds if we are going to play. Unfortunately, tight players are often good players, so he may 3-bet us with AQ AJ 77 - AA... all those hands that dominate us. That would be bad.

The SB being a donk is good for us, but in this case he's actually not making much of a mistake to come in and call us down with any piece of the board. Are we really happy about him calling with Q9s? No.

Worse, the big blind, the player we are most likely to play against, is very good, tricky and aggressive. He'll move us off the best hand with semibluffs, beat us badly when we're dominated, etc. With the donky small blind calling the raise often, he'll also be getting odds to get involved, which we don't want with this pretty weak holding.

I don't think the raise is terrible, just slightly losing. I'd say AT is clearly enough. A9... eh, maybe. A6... too light.

my 2 cents.
Eric