View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Time to wave the white flag?

I like the check raise a lot, actually, especially since the button is a habitual bettor. First of all, you now know a lot more about the cold caller's hand. Second, it's just a good move to make against a guy who loves his button too much [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The turn card is definitely not great, but it's not the worst card. I nominate Ah or Jh for that. The other two players probably now put you on trip Qs with a weak kicker. To be honest, sometimes (a third of the time?) I would lead bet that turn and hope to take the pot right there -- I would do this especially if I haven't been in too many pots. (Disclaimer: see in "Overconfidence" thread that I feel I have been overplaying my hands lately [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) MP might have been cold calling on a straight draw. Button could have nothing at all, maybe just A-high. Button could even have a hand like AT, KT, or JT which he might now fold. If I get called on the turn, I would definitely check the river (unless it's a 3rd Q). If I get raised on the turn by either player, then my white flag comes out.

If I have been playing my chips a lot -- which I tend to do at LL online -- I would check and fold to a bet, assuming it comes from MP. If the bet came from the button, I'd probably still fold since you said he will bet his draws.

Edited because I also wanted to mention -- I probably would have lead-bet the flop. I have a pretty good hand and I need to do stuff like this else people realize I am "always" betting top pair or better.

rh