View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Stud/8 Single-Table Tourney: 6th Street decision

If it were me, I would easilly fold. Ill explain why it looks like a fold to me.

#1. There is no money in the pot. If I added it up correctly, there was only 350 chips in the pot when Seat 3 bets. If hes the type of player who would try to take a stab at that small of a pot in a 4 way pot, then maybe I call. However most of the time here I would think that he has some sort of a made hand. I wouldnt be suprised to see Qs up or the spade flush. If he has the spade flush, youre in big trouble.

#2. The player behind you would make me more inclined to fold than to call. Yes, if he calls then you would be getting your odds, but I cant imagine him calling with anything that you would be ahead of. If he was going low from the start, he could have a 2 in the hole, and that would be bad news as well. While that would not be the greatest starting hand, a lot of online players will play any three to a low, so. So I have a hard time seeing a player left to act behind me and seeing that as a good thing.

#3. In a tournament, you dont want to go bust on a hand that you wouldve folded on 3rd if given the possibility. If you call here and brick, you have one big bet left. There has bound to be a better spot for you to put your money in soon, whether it is on a steal or with a solid hand.

Will you be posting the results to this hand? I am curious.

Aicirt