View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: $20+2 : QQ -> UTG, a hand that always perplexes me....

[ QUOTE ]
And this will contradict what I said above, but I actually might consider a call here. If the villain doesn't have a K, the call is going to make him very nervous. Hero's got a very healthy stack, so he can afford to let this hand play out a bit longer. See what the turn brings, and how much the villain likes his his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with just calling is that you are not gaining any information. You've put more money in the pot but you have no idea where you are at. Now if any of the cards you listed come and he bets, you pretty much have to fold. You could still very well be folding the best hand. I think it's extremely unlikely that if you try to check this down you are going to get to a show down.

If you raise to 375, villain is getting less than 4:1 on his flush draw and he's worse than 5.5:1 to make it on the next card. So if he does call with the draw he's making a mistake.

All this aside, I really think that at the low-mid buyins on PP, most of the time you are going to see a fold to your raise.