View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 05:09 AM

Default My thoughts

My thoughts are in white.

# 1 -<font color="white"> Hand one is a clear call. Everytime I don't flop a set I have to pay 3 SB, so everytime I do flop one I need to win 22.5 SB. Since other people are already putting in 13 SB, I only need to win 9.5 SB or 4.75 BB everytime I flop a set. In this hand I actually did flop a set and won roughly 13 BB. So even if I win 75% of the time I flop a set, I need to collect like 6.5 BB after the flop. This is very do able.</font>

# 2 -<font color="white">I really like a check in hand 2. If I have him beat, it is likely to just 3 outs, and he might bet AK on the river after I check behind (if he checks again I will surely bet). If you were the SB, this is the perfect time to go for a check raise with a hand like AA or KK. With the bottom card pairing, it gives anyone with 9x just 2 outs. Anyway I did bet and he check/raised me. I called because I might have 5 outs and the river bricked (it was a two) and I called. He had AA and MHING. Lesson learned as checking in this spot isn't a bad idea (with the intention of calling a river bet). FWIW he ended up being a 26/14 after 30 hands and if I knew that I would have checked for sure. </font>

Brad