Thread: Buying a house
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Buying a house

This is poor advice imho, I have many friends that are older than I and have more funds(way more), when I "baught" my first house(2nd property), they all told me the same thing, buy the biggest you can afford. The cheapass that Iam went down a little in price so that I could safely make extra payments every month(i'm anal like that), which I do. If I had spent a little more on the house I would have a bigger house worth more and 3 years later now, Id have more equity and the difference in the payment was minimal(I'm making about the same payment anyway).

In a few years youll be glad you got sommething worth a little more, its not like a car wheer it is worth less every year, as the real estate market grows, and it does everywhere, your value will too.

BTW, where are you looking to buy?

tobdog

*These are my opinions, not those expressed by 2+2 or any of their affiliates, sponsors, etc. Tobdog inc. investments carry market risk and you should connsult with your finantial advisor as well as your tax advisor before making any investment that may be at risk of lisong value due to market volitality.