View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Critique this call. (Home game)

Single table tournament. 9 handed. down to 7.
blinds 200/400.

I have 1600. There are 2 players with around 3000. Everyone else has about the same as me except 2 short stacked players.
The game was very aggressive and the blinds were going up fast. I didn't consider myself Short stacked but i would have been shortly if i didn't make a move soon. With a 400 BB that was 25% of my stack. I was 2 hands away from being BB. I looked down to see 10-10 in second position. UTG limped in (i knew he didn't have anything b/c he always raises with good hands, put him on a hand like t9s, jts, 98s etc. trying to see a cheap flop)
I had thought about pushing and when he limped in that sealed the deal. There was a 1000 in the pot. So i went all in. I did this for a couple reasons:
1) I had a chance to take the 1000 uncontested. Most all in pre flop calls were winning uncontested.
2) I also had a chance to showdown with the blinds. Both of the blinds were shortstacked and pretty much pot committed i figured i would have a strong edge with my 10's. A call would have gained me about close to 2000 if my hand held up and wouldn't have costed me too much if i lost. The small blind was really bad player and drunk as well. ( he had been calling with pretty much anything) The big blind was trying to fold his way into the money and playing very weak. I knew he would only call if had a pair (which would most likely be smaller than mine.)

I knew that if i bet the utg limper would fold. There were 3 players behind me (not including blinds) I knew for sure that 2 of the players would fold with anything other AA or KK. That left the player to immediate left whom i was unsure of. However, i had seen fold QQ to an all in bet earlier and was playing tight so i figured i was ok.

Result:
everyone folded except the player to my left who had AK, he called and busted me. Was i right to play this aggressive in this situation or should have waited for a better spot.