View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Double shootout hand

[ QUOTE ]
i count t1800 on the river. i thank the villain for not pushing and making my decision difficult and i call in about a nanosecond. too much money out there to fold. villain is too likely getting greedy with AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is somewhat optimistic, and I don't really agree with your the logic here. In some situations, I will be actually more willing to call all-in than this 400 bet. So the fact that it's not all-in does not necessarily make it for an easier decision. Another thing is that there's a very big difference between having 900 or 500 at the end of this hand. How many times will you see villain betting here with AJ and not checking behind, after all this action? what other hands aside of some crappy aces that were played poorly do you see here? what about BB who is closing the action (or opening it again) behind you? isn't it possible that BB (a bad player probably) was slowplaying a better hand, and kept slowplaying it stupidly also on the river? Not a great chance, but still a possibility.

These all together make it for a marginal call on the river IMO, especially since the flush got there. true, you're getting better than 4:1 on your money (if BB is calling behind it's even better), but that doesn't make it easy. I think the whole play of the hand made it a tough spot. I really don't like facing a river bet like this with this 2p, on such a board, with those low straights and flush, and naturaly other 2p's or sets that beat A2.