View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Poker story on 60Minutes Wednesday

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Something like this could actually help Pokerstars overtake PartyPoker. Will be interesting to see.

Wait...you telling me those Moneymaker/Raymer commercial spots aren't doing the job?

[/ QUOTE ]

Har har.
Yeah...those commercials really are pretty mediocre (at best).
For national TV spots with 2 world-champions they really should find a better ad-agency/production group.

You should have seen the spots that ran locally in Memphis a few mnths after Moneymaker won the WSOP.
They have Chris Moneymaker sitting at a really cheap looking poker table in the 1 seat. He's heads-up against some guy in the 10-seat. The announcer says something like 'This is it. World Champion Chris Moneymaker is going All-in!!' (Moneymaker shoves in some cheap looking chips).
'And he's got Aces!!' (cut to the other guy's flipped over cards which are KK...then cut to table which shows ace hitting on river).
'And that's it. Chris Moneymaker wins another championship. What a GREAT MOVE!!'

Then Moneymaker...still seated at the table...looks up at the camera, "And here's another great move. You can get 3 shirts and 3 ties for $79.99 at any great Kenneth Men's Clothing location."

(remembering the commercial as best I can...this account was pretty close...couldn't remember the name of the store though)

It was cheesy and terrible and I only saw it a few times. I really wished I had taped it because it was SOOOOO bad.
I sure hope they hooked up Chris with a REALLY nice suit for taking part in such a BAD commercial.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL