View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Pointless Philisophical question..

I gotta make this my last post, I too have a long night of work and sadly, not the infinite power needed to focus [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"Contentment" as such is a response to the finite nature of human experience. It's being at peace with your current situation, even though you know it is temporary (because, if nothing else, you will eventually die). In the infinite, there is no "satisfied" or "unsatisfied" because everything is present at once. There is no more fulfilled or unfulfilled, good or bad, now or later -- simply uninhibited awareness of what is.

The simultaneity is in realizing that limited (human) and unlimited (divine) reality are both true, and not in conflict. As a human, we have an arc of time, and living a meaningful life is about giving purpose to that limited span, and finding pleasure in the limited things that you experience. But in the infinite, the whole arc is present at once, so there is nothing to be fulfilled.

Also, PoBoy, yes your comment was beautiful. I hope it is clear that I am agreeing with you.

I really gotta go; please read "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez. Or really, really listen to "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd. They've already said more than I ever could.