View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Slow Play vs Big raise??? How do you Slowplay.. and

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to learn how to slow play some of my hands so that i will maximize the value of my hands but i am lost how to do it. Usually if i hit big cards i will bet the big cards ie if i hit the nut strait on the flop or turn. But recently i was trying to slow play and this was the situation. I was in late position with 78 and the flop came up 5 9 q rainbow someone bet 50 so i called there were 3 people in the pot. the turn comes a 8 bam i hit it i knew i had it but i wanted to get the most out of this hand the pot was pretty big already so i bet 100 (we were playing in a tournament.) after a bet from the bb. [now this is where is gets jacked up] River turns 5 guy to my left goes all in. I put him on a FH and was right cause i called him. I lost with my strait cause i tryed to slow play.
Need some help here thanks

Ivanfrost

[/ QUOTE ]

if a paired board makes you "know" you're beat, then there are way too many cards that'll scare you to slowplay. there are 12 cards that'll pair the board, right? and how about the TJ oesd? that adds 2 8s and 4 kings. now there are 18 cards that'll make you "know" you're beat. that's about 40% of the deck. i'd call that a fastplay situation.

oh yeah, most likely the turn put two of a suit on board, so there're all those back door flush cards that could come on the river too...