View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Your NFL Draft Board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
8. Arizona Cardinals - Aaron Rodgers QB Cal

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...look out Mel Kiper, Jr.

Have you been paying attention at all!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mel Kiper is a joke in most league circles, and most avid draft fans think the same thing. I have a couple of friends that are scouts for NFL teams. At the Senior Bowl this year most of the scouts/league personel were blasting Kiper for how bad his talent evaluation has been the past few years and how little he actually knows. Lately Kiper just takes the guys that run the fastest in a straight line and puts them at the top of his big board.

I mean take Adam Jones for example. In college Jones was a good CB, but not in the class of someone like Antrel Rolle. In 2003, when Antrel completely shut down Larry Fitzgerald for an entire game, Jones let up well over 150 yards in receiving and looked completely lost all day. Suddenly at the end of this past season he shoots up Mel Kipers board because he's going to run a low 4.3 40. Ronnie Brown, a BACKUP in college who played behind one of the best offensive lines in the country, is his #1 player in the draft because he ran a 4.3 40. Please tell me when the [censored] a back runs for 40 yards in a straight line. He even has a guy who played Division II ball AND DIDN'T EVEN PRODUCE going at the end of the first round because he ran a high 4.2 40.

Mel Kiper is absolutely clueless, and if you ask anyone who actually follows the draft or is involved in the league they'll tell you the same thing. If they actually had respect for him/his opinion he'd be working for an NFL team by now. But after what, 15-20 years he's still working for ESPN. Let that marinate.

As for Rodgers, he's not a top 5 player talent wise in this draft. In order it would go Braylon Edwards, Antrel Rolle, Derrick Johnson, Cedric Benson, Carnell/Ronnie (tossup).