View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Re: The piece of sh*t didn\'t get enough of a beating if you ask me...

I teach my son to always do what is right. I teach him that if you always focus on doing what is right everything will turn out right and if it doesn't, at least you can look yourself in the mirror and know that you did the right thing.

This started with me saying I would be a horrible juror because I would never convict any of these cops of anything. This was based purely on the facts that were presented to me.

Kid kills a cop in a police station. Cops find the kid a while later a mile or two away and lay a beating on him.

Cops are on trial for assault / whatever else. If there are no other critical facts to this story (which in real life there are but we are just talking hypotheticals) then I would not convict the police officer.

Your discussion of my oath as an attorney, my honor or whatever is all bullshit to me.

What is the right thing to do here?

The right thing to do is to send the officers home to their families.

If they want to have some sort of "internal reprimand" as someone else mentioned then that's fine with me.

I would just never convict them of anything in a court of law.

And I am not asking for the police to have free reign to do whatever they want. I am just saying that as these facts appear to be, I would not convict.

Doing the right thing is honorable to me. Not following an oath.