View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Trouble in Paradise !!! Part II: 9 hands

Hand 1 - Routine

Hand 2 - I wouldn't raise on the flop unless I was fairly confident that my opponent would go into a shell after I raised. Against many opponents, you will be reraised and bet into on the turn, because it is obvious that you are looking for a free card. By the way, this is why you should raise the flop if you actually flopped a flush. You will be three-bet, can call, then raise your opponent's turn bet. I would have called on the turn after making my flush. If you raise you will either be reraised by a bigger flush or cause a hand without a diamond to fold, most of the time. I would definitely prefer to call the turn and raise the river (actually I would probably just call the river with the Q).

Hand 3 - Routine.

Hand 4 - I would have folded or called here. There is a good chance you are dominated. If you want to see the flop see it as cheaply as is possible. Three-betting will not get it heads-up between you and CO-1 since there were two limpers before he raised. It would be different if CO-1 had open-raised, in which case a reraise could definitely bet correct. On the flop I would fold to the limper's reraise, or maybe call if I had odds to spike a nine. You may already be up against AA, and if not, you are certainly dominated and drawing to three outs. I don't see the sense in capping it at all. Your turn and river play are fine.

Hand 5 - What's wrong with the poster folding? You played the hand fine.

Hand 6 - Fine

Hand 7 - Fine if the blinds are tight

Hand 8 - Oh well, at least he didn't raise you on the river!

Hand 9 - Fine