View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Something that I\'ve always wondered about...

[ QUOTE ]
So you are saying that this third guy is taking money from you? This would imply that he's making it from you and the other guy. This isn't correct, I don't think, because otherwise, you should start playing lots of hands here, and I'm not ready to start doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is what BK was saying. What I think he is saying is that when the floater comes in, it is easier for the weak player to your right to fold post flop since now there are two opponents and it's not HU. Also, do to the nature of the game, if the floater plays well post flop, he is only giving up a small amount of his call in the long run. The isolation target is giving up more (since he is presumably weaker, and also OOP against you). Since the floater is going to do things like raise to knock him out with marginal hands, not to mention slow you down since there is now a good post flop player on your left, you are going to wring less out of the guy on your right.

In short, it's not that money is going to the floater, it's just not going in, (so I guess that means it's going to the isolation target by means of him folding more and you betting less).