View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: PP: no disconnect-protect in tourneys

I can see everyone's argument in favor of doing away with DP since intentional disconnection is clearly cheating. However, why does PP still have DP for cash games? They only did away with it for their tournaments. Why not allow one or two DPs per month to protect the legitimate tournament player against this type of disaster?

This particular problem last night, by the way, was clearly a regional router issue. I was watching the tournament from my home using a cable modem connection. My friend who was playing was using a DSL connection. Both of us lost contact with PP at exactly the same time, so the problem was not limited to his computer or ISP.

And finally, what if you were at a final table holding a monster. You make a bet and get one or two players to raise behind you when you hold the nuts. You could be in position to win the tournament. You get ready to go all-in when...poof...you're disconnected, your hand is folded, and you not only lose the chips you would have won but also lose everything you've put into the pot to that point. Wouldn't you want to have DP under those circumstances?