View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 10:06 AM

Default PP: no disconnect-protect in tourneys

As of April 15, PartyPoker no longer has disconnect protection for any of their tournaments. According to their web site, this was done "at the request of a large number of players." If a player is disconnected during play, his hand is automatically folded and does not have all-in protection. Why would any player want such a policy and place themselves at risk of a disconnection themselves? I realize that abuse can occur, but the downside of you losing your connection in the later stages of a tournament is potentially far more costly. For example, I was watching a friend of mine last night in a 1500 player 20+2 MTT. It was down to around 250 players left, and he was the second chipleader at his table. He was involved in a multiway pot with two players (including another big stack) who were all-in. He had the best hand (subsequently confirmed after reconnection) and had most of his chips committed to the pot when he got disconnected. Instead of winning a huge pot and having a commanding chip lead at his table, his hand was folded. He was essentially busted and got blinded out several hands later. Does this seem right? What do savvy 2+2'ers think of this new policy?