View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 06:41 AM

Default A really bad play?

I played this hand tonight, my thought process is at the bottom. Any suggestions? I took the pot, but I feel I made some kind of mistake even being in it and for so long.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (28 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (24 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (30 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 34 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jc Tc (three of a kind, tens).
CO has Ah Ad (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 34 BB. </font>

This may be a lousy pre-flop call, but how did I do after that? After SB re-raised preflop and BB and UTG+1 called, I knew at least one MP would call and CO would call (I did not think he would cap). The table was pretty loose. I was sure the pot would be large and I thought I should see the flop. The flop action made me think I was up against AK or large pairs AA-QQ in CO and MP2. I thought another 10 or a Jack would give me the best hand, that gave me four outs. I thought I could call the turn--same thing with the river (I discounted the possibility of an 8 and 9 giving me the straight). At the turn, I still thought I had the odds to call the river. When I rivered the ten, I was sure anyone with pocket pairs would bet the river, or it would be checked through (so what). Was the river raise correct?
I just hit a bad run and am tilting a bit, and I am getting myself involved in hands I should not be in--is this one of those hands.