View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Who is really loosing at poker?!

precisely.

Those who dispute the 50% figure seem to forget about the number of trolls and total morons who post here semi-regularly also.
That's a healthy 5-10% right there I think.

Not too long ago I would have considered myself the breaking-point for 2+2'ers....if you weren't as good as me then you probably weren't a winning player because I was REALLY mediocre.

Now I consider myself barely-above mediocre for the most part.
Most of the players who have decent games know they are decent.

But a lot of 2+2'ers are just weak-tight despite all the information on here telling them there are better ways to play.

Out of 30k posters on here in total...how many really read or post regularly?
In the strategy forums?

How many times does a newbie ask "What's pokertracker?" or "what does VPIP mean?" or "how do you know your opponents' stats?"

Those who are asking such basic questions probably represent dozens more who are lurking or only have a couple of posts.

There's no question that reading 2+2 as well as participating can make one a winning player.
But the fact remains that MANY registered users here just don't take advantage of the resources here.

It's probably not unlike the number of people who bought SSHE and think it's total garbage...as well as the number of people who have read Hellmuth's book who think it's gold.

Some people just can't tell the difference between the quality info from the total crap.