View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Who is really loosing at poker?!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
this is a fantastic post. outstanding. I think most of the people (myself included) who question the 50% assumption frequent the strategy forums. it's hard to imagine that even 15% of the posters who read/contribute there regularly could be losing players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was Gamblor who said that if you surveyed everyone who posts at 2+2, that people who spend a majority of their time in OOT would have an average WR at least 1BB/100 lower than the others. He was probably being really generous with that assumption too.

I also think the fact that people know they can play break-even, or even slightly losing poker, but still make good money from rakeback causes a stunt in many players growth. Hey, I'm already making $x a month without beating the game, why should I try any harder to get better.

I don't know if I'm a winning or losing player. I'd certainly like to assume winning, but I definitely don't have a sample size to back that up. Right now, I'll just keep playing when I have time, and doing what I can to improve my game. If I end up being a losing player, with all of the resources I have here, I won't have anyone to blame but myself.