View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Huck Seed Bluffs Into Dry Side Pot, Etc.

[ QUOTE ]
1.) A third player (Greenstein?) is allin preflop for less than the big blind, Sklansky (Kx off) and Seed (73 off) on the side, dry side pot, not one thin chip in it.

Flop come Kxx, rainbow.

Seed bets into Sklansky.

Huh????!! Can someone explain this bet to me, please? I'd hate to think that I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on, but a good explanation for this play would certainly have me re-thinking my supposed poker accumen.

#1 is mystifying to me. If that one is rationally explainable, I'd be surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just choked through watching the episode and you have the hand COMPLETELY wrong. That is the rational explanation for the hand.

Sklansky calls on the button with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Huck in the SB calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BG in the BB all-in with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pot is 97.5k with a side pot of 15k

Flop comes down 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
HS checks, DS checks
Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
HS checks, DS checks
River Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
HS checks, DS fires min bet (40k) into the pot with his straight, HS folds.

The hand as it played out was nothing like the hand you posted.... No K on the flop, no betting until the river where DS has 2nd nut and tries to get some value for it. HS just check/folded...