View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Huck Seed Bluffs Into Dry Side Pot, Etc.

[ QUOTE ]

Huh????!! Can someone explain this bet to me, please? I'd hate to think that I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on, but a good explanation for this play would certainly have me re-thinking my supposed poker accumen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the issue here isn't that the side pot isn't really dry; I doubt there was so much in there that that was the reason for the play. I can think of two good reasons to consider making the play:

1) You have a large enough stack that you're not really losing significant $EV by increasing the chances that the short stack stays in, but are perhaps increasing your $EV by reducing the chances that a particular opponent gets the short stack. It seems difficult for me to think of a place where these events are all going to come to a head, so I think a more likely explanation is . . .

2) . . . if it's known that you will completely bluff at dry sides, this also means that you can expect to get called at least sometimes with legitimate hands here as a result of your advertising. In other words, it's an image play.