View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Moving up to $10-20-Prerequisite BB/100 in $5-10 6MAX??

ahhh I play large blocks of hands there krishan.I 3-6 table $5-10 6MAX right now for abour 2000 hands a day.I would not move up until I had at minimum 100K hands at $5-10 6MAX at my current rate thats in another 5 weeks.I'm in no hurry and I'd rather just put in a solid sample then move up.
The real question is should I be 2 or 3 tabling rather than 4-5-6 tabling?I know playing more than 3 tables is taking my winrate down.

I disagree with both of you guys.For me the truth is in the numbers.I like moving up after having large samples in any game 100K/200K hands for whatever reason its been working for me.I've made alot of money over the last few years slowly moving up at a measured pace.But truth is sometimes that pace has been too slow and it has cost me big money so there is some validity to what you say.

I'm very methodical thu.I've been playing for a living B&M a year and a half and online 2 1/2 years.I've always been content to make $40K-$55K a year which I know sucks and only in the last year have I started to push myself-looking to do 100K+ this year.I'm not a great player but I'm a good gambler and I work around my limitations well.

[ QUOTE ]
I value my intuitive feelings about a limit much more than win rate

[/ QUOTE ]
For me this is bs.I take the opposite tack which is to work off what the numbers tell me.The numbers if you play any type of sample 50K /100K will blow away any hopeful"intuitive" projections you may make in my opinion..could just be me thu because it's the habitual way I've always moved up but truth is I'm probably too cautious.