View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 12:08 PM

Default The Cinnamon Challenge

So I was hanging out with some friends of mine from college recently and while reflecting on old times somebody brought up the Cinnamon Challenge. Basically, we all used to work in the cafeteria at my school, and in the down time we'd run various eating challenges. The most difficult one, by FAR, was this one. All you need to do is take a full tablespoon of pure cinnamon and put it in your mouth. You need to swallow it all without drinking or eating anything else, and without spitting any out or leaving any stuck in your teeth. We usually gave people very generous helpings.

It almost always ends in people spitting huge red clouds of smoke, gagging uncontrollably, or rushing to get a drink of something. It was always completely hilarious to bust out the cinnamon at a party and bet some tough guy 10 bucks that he couldn't do it. 5 minutes later I'd be 10 dollars richer and said tough guy would be running around trying to find someone to bet ten dollars that they couldn't do it. Good times.

So I know some of you are thinking, "Lol! I could do that so easily. How hard could it possibly be??" Go try it, it will kick your ass! Afterwards, I guarantee you will respect cinnamon as a spice.
-James