View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 08:15 AM

Default Re: KK meets aggression

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm too weak tightie, but I would've folded this on the flop. Look at the texture of the board - A-8-2 with no suits. He's not semi bluffing with an OESD or flush. You're toast. If my math is right, you'd have to be good 23% of the time here for this calldown to be break even. I don't think there's any way that's the case.

HOWEVER, if you insist on playing, I think calling down is optimal in this particular situation. Against a *normal* opponent, if you wanted to get a cheap showdown you could raise the flop. If he 3 bet you, you could safely fold. Also, if he called the raise and then checked it to you on fourth street, you could check behind and save yourself a bet. However, given that villain has shown some loose aggressive tendencies, a calldown is good because it uses the standard way ahead/way behind line.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not semibluffing, if behind he either has something like a pocket pair, or is outright bluffing. You are getting enough implied odds on the flop to take one off, and once the board pairs and CO doesn't raise it's even easier to see a showdown IMO.