View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: I tournament play a pro made I wonder if it would work in cash games

[ QUOTE ]
It all sounds crazy to me. In the hand with Luske, what kind of player is going to fold when the pot is laying 25:1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally unrelated to the hand in question, this post reminded me of the most amazingly stupid river laydown that I have ever seen.

I don't remember all the details, but is was something like a 8-way limped pot in a very loose 2-5 NLHE game at mirage. The flop was KJ7 with two diamonds. The SB bet the pot and got one caller and the button made it $140 and both players called. So there is $480 or so in the pot. The turn is an off-suit 3. SB checks, MP checks, and the button bets $200 and gets called in both spots. So now there is $1080 or so in the pot. The river brings a third diamond, maybe the 2 of diamonds. The SB bets $5 into a $1080 pot and MP makes a crying call. Now there is $1090 in the pot and the button goes into the tank -- finally he folds KJ (top-two) face-up despite getting 218:1. MP had some raggedy straight draw and just called fo the helluvit to humor the $5 better. The $5 better takes down a huge pot with one pair, king-rag. It was the best bluff in the history of poker! Risking $5 to win $1090. LOL!