View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Response To Mr. Sklansky

[ QUOTE ]
The original hypothesis is just wrong. Unless possibly if you define genius to be one of those few hundered ivory tower airheads who doesn't know how to tie his shoes.

The average net worth of all Americans who are extremely smart is greater than the average net worth of all Americans who are very smart which is greater than the average net worth of Americans who are somewhat smart. There are two reasons why this isn't obvious but if you fall for them it is YOU who isn't smart.

First is the fact that extremely smart people are very rare. Say the top one percent. Now look at the Forbes 400. Say eighteen of them are from the extremely smart group. It is probably more but we will be conservative. A quick glance at that statistic will lead morons to proclaim that being smart doesn't help, you get into the Forbes 400. I won't insult you by explaining further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some valid criticims in there Mr. Sklansky. Let me reiterate what I said earlier:

I agree that, up to a point, income does correspond with intelligence (measured for purposes here by IQ).

And I understand how there could be problems with sample sizes in relation to the general population which would tend to produce deceptive or skewed results.

For that reason, let's do it this way:

I would be willing to bet the AVERAGE income of those in America with an IQ in the 120-125 range is greater, than the AVERAGE income of those in the 150-155 range.