Thread: Heads up play
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Heads up play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Read no replies yet...

I like raising the flop becuase if he bets the turn, you don't know if he has a J or a 7, especially since he was the BB he might play a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

He might play a 7, he might play a thousand hands.

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE LEARN THAT THE LIKELINESS OF HIM HAVING A 7 IS VERY REMOTE HEADS UP AND PROBABLY ISNT IT.

Even more so because he called a raise by me; whats that leave him with, A7, K7, Q7, 77.

People, its not rocket science. This guy WILL ALMOST NEVER HAVE A 7. IF HE DOES, WE'RE [censored] ANYWAY.

Irregardless of how I play it, I'm paying him off. Its inevitable. BUT HE DOESNT HAVE A 7. Think about how many hands we're talking here on the entire spectrum.

Besides, any normal player with a 7 WILL NOT BET INTO ME. They will check-raise me. This further reduces his possible holdings.

What I'm more worried about is him having 2 heart and an overpair. By waiting for the turn, I give him self confidence on the flop, and he'll bet in and I'll trap him. If the card is majorly scary (like a king), I might raise and fold to the 3bet (or call fold turn UI with odds). If its a heart, I play for my outs.

I'm usually one to keep my cool when doing this stuff, but you guys are really testing me. If I posted this in the small stakes, I'd get a very different response, infact I'm tempted to do just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But earlier you said:

" think out of the possible BB hands (and there's a lot), another jack probably isn't a likely scenario. There's the same chance he has another 7 to be honest."

SO which one is it. YOu think he a 7 or you dont think he has a 7?