View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: not a matter of odds?

Well, if u and I met over a few beers and discussed this I would guess we agree on most of it.

Its not that I always cr if I flop a pair against a stealraiser. If they are weak I often prefer betting all way because if they raise I can often fold (now Im talking about if Im sitting with a not so good pair).

Against really aggressive I also often bet with any decent pair, because they will autoraise and I can 3bet.

But against decent player stealing I prefer the cr, I think part of this is because its very tricky to defend yourself if they choose to call flop and raise turn, which is a good line because they guess I am on a smaller pair or a draw and will have a hard time calling. If I checkraise it feels easier to fold when they pop turn, I have a feeling - but this could be wrong - that they more often really have a hand when they raise after me checkraising and betting turn then after me betting flop and turn. Against a decent player I almost always cr if I hit a really strong hand because I want him to think I am trying to act strong (but am weak).

I dont do nearly as much checkraising when we are talking about 3way or more. If I flop anything decent in the blinds against 2 or 3 players I almost always bet. I guess I could start to bet a little more on flop hu, will think about it after this.

And by the way, I have a pretty low cr%, among the lower I think, so its not that I cr a lot.