Thread: Massive Draw
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Massive Draw

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Second hand at table, first hand was folded without showdown.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Four callers and I had a discounted price, Good call? Ugly call?

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Beautiful flop for me. Straight and flush draws, and a bettor who would lead out behind me. I elected to check raise here, but after all the folds, I feel like I should have smooth called to maybe get the BB to come along. The PF raiser's 3 bet meant that he had queens or better, or he was defending his initial raise with a bluff rereise.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Standard pot odds call.

River: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

The pot was large, and I had a sh*tty piece of the board. I grudgingly called planning to muck.

Final Pot: 12 BB