View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Different styles for BB defens

In my experience defenders lead into PFRs with a wide variety of hands including absolute nothing. If I have raised preflop with AT for instance and the board comes 7 high, I almost always raise if I am led into HU. I take it much more seriously when I am CRd, usually folding UI on the turn. Against me I think my opponents best line would probably be to lead out and then 3-bet my raise with any pair on an all low board (although he will bleed sometimes because I steal enough that I may have a piece of any board). Granted he will give me the correct odds to draw on the turn, it is well worth the extra money he gets out of me on the flop. Imagine for example that he has a pair on a 7 high flop and I turn my cards face up and show him that I have AK and explain to him that he better keep it cheap or else I'll have the odds to draw on the turn. He should bet $1000 if I will let him! You also learn virtually nothing about his hand if you lead out and get raised on the flop. Getting 3-bet when you CR him is a little more indicative of an actual hand IMO. Just my .02. The topic is definitely worth thinking further about.

Cartman