View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: High Level Thinking Party 2-4 NL Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say OESFD just a straight flush draw. I probably should have specified that 3 wouldn't be too much of a problem if you knew that the other player would have something weak like AK. Thats very unlikely though in my mind. I was making my calcs with the assumption that one of them had a set. If one had a set and the other had something like 34cc your equity in the hand isn't enough to stay in.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way the hand played out the possibility of someone having one of those 3 goofball hands was close to 0, and even if it was the case that someone did have one of those 3 hands, my equity was still roughly 20% as opposed to the 30% I expected myself to be getting from what was almost surely a set over set for the other two players. I was virtually certain that my flush draw was live because the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] was on the board and I was also sure about #2. Point #3 is really insignificant because of its low probability of happening and the fact that it only decreases my equity by 10% when it actually does happen.