View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Seeing other player\'s hole cards

Normally, I make it a habit that if some guy is showing me his hole cards, I warn him once, and if he continues, well that's his own fault. I think that is totally fair. However, a situation came up recently that actually tested me.

I was UTG with 33 at a 5 10 nl game on a riverboat in indiana, and limped in, and after several other limpers, the BB raised it to 75. When he did this, unintentionally I saw his cards, and it was the first time of the night he had shown me his cards. He had AQo.

Obviously if I hadn't seen his cards, I would've folded for another 65 dollars, but now I was a slight favorite and I would know exactly where I was in the hand after the flop and had position on him. What should I have done?

Well, I failed my test, because I called, and everyone else folded. Don't worry though. The karma gods punished me because the flop came Q64, and he took down the pot after making a small flop bet.

I would like to mention that I did not warn him after the hand, fearing that it would've given away the fact that I had taken advantage of him on that hand.

Am I a bad guy? I like to think of myself as honest, but maybe I'm not as honest as I thought I was, because this was the first time that someone had shown me their cards and it had effected my decision.