View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: hand long can I last in a live game?

[ QUOTE ]
my longest session is about 38 hours... but my longest WINNING seession is only about 10.

It is hard to tell anyone how long is too long a session as it is extremely dependant on many varibles. I would say that once you start doing things like having to be told you are one of the blinds or not realizing there are 3 people in a hand on the turn not 2.. then it is DEFINATELY time for a break no matter how good you think the game is.

When you start making mistakes like this you are missing TONS of information you usually pick up when your mind is fresh and the worst part is you don't even realize you are missing it. No one taps you on the back to say " how come you didn't notice the person to your left was picking up enough chips to raise before you limped in with your marginal hand?" It is little things like this that start to slip by you as you get tired. These little things add up very quickly and can easily turn a game you can normally beat into one you cannot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect my game to go downhill after 14 hours or so, but I still expect my game to be profitable. I am actually very suprised by how conservative you guys are in your hours. Remember we are not talking about top play, I just have play semi-decently.