View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: This is a support forum, isn\'t it?

Pkr4me-

[ QUOTE ]
My last two posts concerned some difficult hands in MTTs and asked for a little help with them to better my play. Tons of people look at them and don't bother to respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

I searched your username and only found one thread that you have started. You waited all of 54 minutes before posting this:

[ QUOTE ]
who do you have to blow to get someone to respond to your post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I just missed your other post, but do you really think that makes people want to reply?

[ QUOTE ]
Just remember, you were young once, and learning, and now look at you, you are old in knowledge and there are people out there that could benefit from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do remember. If I didn't, I wouldn't make half the posts I make. The reality is that you get tired of replying to the same questions over and over again when you've been here a while. I reply to a few boring posts each week because I know what it's like to post a hand that is really troubling and have no one reply, but I can't reply to every post.

[ QUOTE ]
I will probably get black balled now and no one will ever respond to my posts again,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you chill out. We've have a number of reformed jerks and "whiny punks" (as Lethal Rose so eloquently put it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), and we don't hold their past behavior against them if they keep it in the past.

Here's the "normal" method for getting responses:

1. Post your hand/question.
2. Wait a few hours, if not a full day, then bump the post once.
3. If you still get no response, move on.

Another option is to PM a friend and ask them to reply. I do this occasionally when post+bump doesn't get it done. Of course, you have to have friends to do this and that may take longer than 2 days.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for you time to read this. No offense intended to anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome. None taken.

Welcome to the forum,
Che